Zero is the New Green
Our goal is to one day reach zero. Zero waste. Zero pollution. Zero impact. This is what we’re doing to get there:
- Buying freshly roasted coffee from local artisans means less vehicle emissions. Coffees are transferred directly from the roaster to you, eliminating unnecessary travel.
- The majority of coffees we offer are purchased via Direct or Fair Trade from growers who must follow regulated standards for environmental sustainability. These include minimizing water usage and soil erosion, disposal of wastewater, and maintenance of the forest cover.
- We carry a complete line of biodegradable items and supply equipment that grinds bulk, whole beans, which use less packaging than pre-measured, pre-ground fractional packs, meaning less waste all around. The little waste that is dispelled (including the filters) is 100% Cedar Grove Approved for compost pick up and readily accepted by gardens throughout the state. Nothing goes in the trash.
- We’ve lowered our profit margin on all our “Green” products in an effort to make them more affordable to you. Our aim is to increase the demand for “Green” products so that soon they’ll be the only option.
- Portable tablet computers with software designed exclusively for Blue Tiger enable us to handle everything from orders to administration, electronically. This means we use almost zero paper.